Friday, June 19, 2009

You've got the False Prophets Not Us!

Just randomly cruising the web on a Friday afternoon with my mind half in the weekend already I come across this.

The comments on the thing indicate that the viewers really, really liked the Voight speech. So in the interests of self-torture, because I really feel like beating myself up today---self esteem at a raging low, communications more than normally stopped up, and regression into the world of the confused child in the home of Conservative, authority-fearing parents, seems to be the order of the day.

I seriously was confused as a kid. I listened to Ronald Reagan and tried to see what was so inspirational and I just _fucking_couldn't. I didn't belive his lies in Iran-Contra, and in spite of being told by everyone I knew that I was a "naive liberal", I continued to not understand that way of doing things, including the whole nice pithy little statement thing that people found so glorious, and knowing now the way he basically went around handing bags of money to his already-powerful friends, it just makes me look with amazement at a world that condones and ignores that behavior, blames its consequences on poor people, and continues to worship.

I just don't get it.

No comments: