Monday, June 8, 2009

Fair and Balanced My ASS

Meanwhile, A perfect example of whatever it is that's really freaking me out about the safety of the President.

I'm trying really hard to be hopeful. I didn't dare hope he'd get elected. He's just one man, but he's doing things that really impress me and make me feel a little like someone's on my side. But he's pissing people off too. And they are the ones with the guns.

It makes me scared.

Scared enough to, if something happened to him, I'd really think about leaving. I don't know what exactly it is I'm afraid of. But it has something to do with the idea that this kind of vitriol is OK.
And I know I laid on some of my own in an earlier post. It's just that I feel I'm reacting, not intiating. I'm just going along here, playing by the rules, trying to have a good life. I haven't asked for a whole fucking lot out of life. And people who are so materially wealthy and have it all.....what could they possibly get out of having more?

And what's really weird is knowing that my family is on the other side of this divide. True-blue George W Bush was a great President type people. The whole Bush pack, thinking what those guys do is OK and that I'm a clueless liberal moron for thinking it isn't......

And they're the ones calling us Nazi's? And Fascists? As if jackbooted thugs and military might is what we're about?

I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it.

I'd like to be able to just play with my art and make music, but my mind has been really occupied with this lately.

No comments: