Thursday, April 8, 2010

What If AT & T Prevented You From Reading This Article?

Here's a really good article about the net neutrality fight.


To quote Tim, "to lose net neutrality would be like Rupert Murdoch owning Youtube."

We can't lose it, can't lose it can't can't can't. The net is all we got...the only place to put our heads together and no matter what anyone says, it's an information miracle. I used to feel like I could never find out the real story about anything because I didn't have the time or the patience to go to a library and research and use the dewey decimal system day in day out to find reference material. Now it's a click away. No matter how you slice it, that's a beautiful thing.

But the more I've learned, the more opinionated I've become. I admit to having become very intolerant of stupidity, maybe more so than ever before. I always liked to think I was more tolerant than anyone, just a mellow go-with-the-flow kind of gal, saving my energies for the battles that seem to deserve them.

It's just that all that niceness has gotten me exactly nowhere and so I've become, I think, less nice. Or maybe nice is not the right way to describe what it is that causes a person not to speak up and say what needs to be said. That might be called passive-aggressive. Well, mabye I've just become aggressive-aggressive. But at least people know where I stand.

I have talked to a number of people from K-Krazy over the past months and that's why I'm thinking so much about radio and all that stuff. I have a good story about you and Abby that I want to write up. Coming soon. But read that net neutrality article. It's a great snapshot of what propoganda fights look like in their blooming stages. This has been an issue for a while but is a real danger.

No comments: